- VERY RICH is on the list of the Best 100 Children's and YA Books published in Germany in 2020.
Publisher and Editor Margaret Ferguson (Margaret Ferguson Books / Holiday House) talks to Authors Polly Horvath and Christina Uss about their new books PINE ISLAND HOME and THE COLOSSUS OF ROADS. The discussion covers everything from why children’s books often feature orphans, to what it’s like finding out you inspired someone to quit college, move across the country and start working at a fishery, to car sickness and talking stomachs.
From the Archives: In 2002, The Trolls was nominated for the National Book Award. All the finalists were given five minutes to read from their book. Here is her reading, with the text appearing on the left of the video.
From the Archives: In 2003, won the National Book Award. Here is the announcement and Polly’s acceptance.,
- Writing Wisdom with Polly Horvath Join Polly Horvath and Shannon Ozirny (of the West Vancouver Memorial Library) for a delightful chat about the writing life and Pine Island Home, her new book set in B.C. The interview held on October 23, 2020.
Polly is now on Twitter!
Two ads for Pine Island Home:
Now Available: A New Bunny Short Story!
Mr. and Mrs. Bunny, formerly renowned detectives (they wore fedoras) and would-be royalty (especially Mrs. Bunny) embark on a new career path: food critics. This requires new disguises (must hide ears) and a new vocabulary ("dairy-like" for milk or "saltiness" for salt will not do, Mrs. Bunny insists). So off they go to take on the daunting task of describing the food at Rabbitville's fanciest restaurant. Readers of the Mr. and Mrs. Bunny books will be delighted to meet their old friends; they may even take notes.Purchase it from Amazon
- October 4, 7 PM at Vancouver Kidbooks —click here for details.
- October 20, 2018 , McNally Robinson, Winnipeg, Grant Park in the Atrium—click here for details.
- Other Appearances: Seattle, Chilliwack, Hope. Check back for details.
- Shelagh Rogers interviewed Polly on CBC's The Next Chapter. They spoke about writing, reading, and The Night Garden. Read the introduction here and then click the play button below to go directly to the interview.
Very Rich has been shortlisted for the 2019 Ruth and Sylvia Schwartz Children’s Book Awards.
The Night Garden has been shortlisted for the 2018 IODE Violet Downey Book Award.
Polly's next book is called Very Richis now available. Get a sneak peak here.
Polly will be appearing at the Vancouver Writer's Fest in October. Come see her Tuesday October 17, Granville Island Stage at 1:00 and Thursday October 19, Waterfront Theatre at 10:00.
Polly's latest book, The Night Garden, will be published on September 12 by Farrar Strauss in the US and by Penguin Books in Canada.